Bringing fresh, eclectic, and healthy dishes into your home
The key element of the tasting class is about learning to build your repertoire of Modern Asian Cuisine through the live tasting classes and appreciating plating food.
As a strong advocate of Cooking Therapy, Ping believes the togetherness of the cooking experience brings about many health benefits -a view which is taken by counselors who are using “cooking or baking as therapy tools” for people suffering from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, and dementia. Moreover, by focusing the mind on following a recipe, cooking classes “soothe stress, build self-esteem, and curb negative thinking” (*source: Wall Street Journal).
Classes are live and interactive, which is an advantage over pre-recorded videos available online as you can ask our Chef Ping questions in real-time and gain a better understanding of Asian cuisine by tasting the dishes as they are made.
Easy to follow and we will send you the shopping list for the recipes beforehand. Alternatively, at an extra cost, you can pre-order the ingredients from us to be provided during the cooking session, which can be in the comfort of your own home or Ping’s kitchen.
Perfect for beginner and experienced cooks alike, choose from a variety of dishes suitable for all skill levels. It is a fun and great way to get family and friends together to nurture relationships and take away special skills as well as memories to last a lifetime.
For your convenience, we can prepare a lovely fresh organic fresh ingredient package to be delivered to your door before your online cooking lesson. (*with additional fee)
About Ping’s Cooking Classes
Our classes are:
- Perfect for beginner and experienced cooks alike. Choose from a variety of our dishes for all skill levels.
- Great for groups. Date night, birthdays, team building, or kids classes—some can even join virtually.
- Easy to follow. Classes include everything you need, from your shopping list to the recipes.
- Cooking Therapy is effective because it encourages creativity. Cooking also makes people feel good about themselves because it’s a way for them to nurture others.
* Source: Here’s Help – Recovery Through Education
What to do:
- Choose your preferred date and time on the online booking calendar below.
- Decide on your menu plan the dishes you want to learn.
- Receive a confirmation email with the date and location in Sodermalm, Stockholm.
- You will receive a list of ingredients and all other materials.
- If you are joining online, turn on your laptop’s camera, mic, and volume to show your overall cooking station and face and also be able to always be able to look at what Ping is doing.
- Vegan Sambal Chilli Jam*
- Curry Puffs
- Asian Summer Wraps*
- Roasted Curry Vegetables*
- Shiro Miso Flower Soup
- Japanese Pancakes
- Scallion Pancakes*
- Steamed Eggplant
- Spring Onion Chilli Dressing*
* Purely Vegan
+ Organic & gluten-free options available upon request with an additional fee
MEAT & SEAFOOD
- Sambal Chilli Jam
- Assam Mussels or Fish or Prawns
- Steamed Prawns Rice Rolls
- Baked Garlic and Ginger Chicken
- Tamarind Chilli Prawns with Lettuce
- Lobster Noodles with Ginger and Garlic
- Baked Ginger Salmon with Spring Onion
- Fried Turmeric Chicken or Fish w/sambal chili jam
Ping’s Sambal Jam is the perfect condiment with vegetables, meat, or seafood. Made from varieties of chillies and blended together with other ingredients including onion, garlic, lemongrass, turmeric, tamarind, lime juice, kaffir lime leaves, coconut sugar, and roasted shrimp paste. *Can be adjusted to taste from super spicy hot to medium. * gluten and carb-free
Asian Vegan Wraps is an easy and healthy finger food that is bursting with flavors! Each person can build their own fresh, delicious wrap. * gluten-free and vegan
Steamed Eggplant with Chilli Dressing, a vegan-friendly recipe with lovely spring onion, lime & chilli dressing. Perfect as a salad, side dish, main course or condiment. * vegan and carb-free
Curry Puffs, this Malaysian karipap with blistered crust and curried potato filling make delicious finger food. Although these may look simple, their flavor profile is multi-layered as more than 20 ingredients come together to amaze your tastebuds. *Option: gluten-free puff pastry
Baked Ginger Fish with Spring onion, this Cantonese classic has a range of flavours with each mouthful, thanks to a combination of ginger, soy, and green onions poured over with super hot boiling oil, sizzling all the lovely fresh ingredients. An easy baked salmon recipe, a crowd-pleaser, and anyone can make it.*gluten and carb-free
Chilli Jam with Fried Turmeric Chicken. Ping’s pared-down version of “Nasi lemak”, which is a Malay fragrant rice dish cooked in coconut milk and served with juicy fried turmeric chicken. It is one of the most famous Malay dishes and is considered the national dish. * gluten-free
Assam Mussels, lovely tasty tamarind (Assam) mussels, this sour, sweet and spicy dish is a hit every time, delicious broth of lemongrass, curry, garlic, and chilli. * gluten and carb-free
Steamed Prawn Rice Rolls Cantonese Prawn Rice Rolls served at Dim Sum. Fairly straightforward and easy to make from scratch, using premade Vietnamese rice paper roll sheets. * gluten-free
Baked Ginger & Garlic Chicken, a recipe hack of Hainanese chicken rice, is the best guide to tender delicious chicken. Prepare delicious homemade chilli, garlic, and spring onion sauce with a bowl of chicken-based soup using the cooking tips featured in this recipe. * Keto diet: serve with seasonal salad
Lobster noodles, sauteed with ginger and garlic are a celebratory dish in great Chinese dinners and banquets, one of the best ways to enjoy fresh lobster.* Option: gluten-free noodles
Roasted Curry Vegetables, bursting with rich Malaysian curry flavors. Loaded with goodness and super healthy. Not too spicy, a little sweet, and tangy from adding the delicious paste of tamarind. * gluten-free and vegan
Scallion pancake is a Chinese savoury, flaky delicious flatbread folded with oil and minced scallions. Slow pan-fried, crispy edges, and chewy texture. Serve with ponzu dipping sauce. *vegan-free
Shiro Miso Egg Flower Ginger Soup. Easy simple delicious soup, delicate umami flavors. Perfect for warm weather. Shiro Miso is young miso, characterized by a very mild, almost sweet taste.
Assam Pedas (Spicy Tamarind Fish) is a spicy and tangy Malaysian fish dish that is sure to whet your appetite. The tangy tamarind-based sauce is a perfect match for thick cutlets of oily fish such as mackerel. * gluten and carb-free
Assam Prawns are so easy & delicious with just 5 simple ingredients tamarind, garlic, coconut sugar, salt, and lime kaffir leaves. *gluten & carb-free
Sign Up Option 1:
Single Class – 1100 SEK Per Adult
Group Class – 990 SEK Per Adult
- Cooking & Tasting Class
- Average Lesson 3 to 4 hours
- Max. 2 to 6 people per tasting
- Either in the comfort of your own home or in Ping’s kitchen
- 1 x Lesson
- 3 x Dishes including recipes with instructions
- 1 x Gluten-Free Dessert
- 1 x Box of ingredients (optional not included in the fee)
- Organic ingredients with an additional fee
- Box of ingredients per class/person to take home (650 to 850 SEK) depending on the ingredients, Stockholm only)
- Swish or Paypal (paypal.me/secretchilliclub)
- With each person signed up, 55kr will be donated to https://allakvinnorshus.org/. Alla Kvinnors Hus offers temporary sheltered housing for people who have been subject to violence in close relationships and family-related violence.
Sign Up Option 2:
Monthly Subscription – 4000 SEK Per Adult
Monthly Subscription – 3500 SEK Per Adult
- Once a week cooking & tasting class for 4 weeks
- Cooking & Tasting Classes
- Min 2 to Max 6 people per tasting
- Average Lesson 3 to 4 hours
- 4x Lessons with 3 dishes per class, recipes with instructions
- 4x Boxes of ingredients (optional not included in the fee )
- Either in the comfort of your own home or in Ping’s kitchen in Sodermalm
- Organic ingredients with an additional fee
- Box of ingredients per class/person to take home (650 to 850 SEK) depending on the ingredients)