Would you like to learn to cook easy, delicious modern Southeast Asian cuisine?
How about rounding up a group of your friends & family together, for a delicious virtual evening together with loads of fun creating impressive dishes from your kitchen?
Below you can choose to book a group or individual class and even get a subscription for discounts.
About Ping’s Cooking Classes
Our classes are:
- Live and interactive. Cook along and ask our Chef Ping questions in real-time.
- Perfect for beginner and experienced cooks alike. Choose from a variety of our dishes for all skill levels.
- Great for groups. Date night, birthdays, team building, or kids classes—some can even join virtually.
- Easy to follow. Classes include everything you need, from your shopping list to the recipes. Just turn on your screen and pour your beverage of choice or cook and tasting session at Ping’s kitchen in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Cooking Therapy is effective because it encourages creativity. Cooking also makes people feel good about themselves because it’s a way for them to nurture others.
What to do:
- Choose your preferred date and time on the calendar
- Decide on your menu plan the dishes you want to learn
- Receive a confirmation email with a link to join the video call.
- You will receive a list of ingredients and all other materials.
- Prepare your phone and laptop before the session.
- Open the video call with the link on your phone, laptop, or tablet.
- If you are cooking at home, turn on your laptop’s camera, mic, and volume to show your overall cooking station and face and also be able to always be able to look at what Ping is doing.
- Classes take about 2.5 hours, but we allow an extra hour if needed.
Menu / Dishes:
Dumplings (Pork or Beef or Vegan)
Delicious crispy pan-fried vegetable dumplings are easy to prepare. Get everyone in the family and friends involved and cook this dish together, making the process fast & fun.
Napa cabbage, ground pork or beef, kosher salt, scallions, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, eggs, ready-made dumpling skins; wheat, water & soybean.
Curry Puffs with Sweet Potatoes
This Malaysian karipap (curry puffs) with blistered crust and curried potato filling makes delicious finger food. Although these may look simple, their flavor has so many layers as more than 20 ingredients come together to amaze your tastebuds.
Sweet potatoes, tamarind, coconut oil, ginger, curry powder, garlic, water, coconut milk, corn starch, fats and oils from palm and sunflower oil, egg, puff pastry.
Ping’s Vegan Sambal Jam
Sambal is a hot paste made from a mixture of chilli with other fresh ingredients. It has a rich, deep and very complex layer of flavours and it is native to the cuisine of Malaysia. Many different versions exist and for Sweden Ping has chosen the sweet version that goes well with vegetarian & meaty dishes.
Lemongrass, chilli, onion, garlic, turmeric, kaffir lime leaves, lime juice, coconut sugar & cold-pressed coconut oil.
Fried Turmeric Chicken with Coconut Rice & Homemade Sweet Sambal
“Nasi lemak” is a Malay fragrant rice dish cooked in coconut milk and served with juicy grilled chicken. It is one of the most famous Malay dishes and is considered the national dish.
Fried chicken with turmeric served with coconut rice, cucumber, hard-boiled egg & chilli sambal (lemongrass, chilli, onion, garlic, turmeric, prawn paste, kaffir lime leaves, lime juice, coconut sugar & coconut oil).
BBQ Pork Buns
These irresistible homemade baked buns are filled with slightly sweetened bbq pork. In Malaysia, char siew bao/char siu bao is also available in Kopitiam (literally means coffee shop in Chinese dialect) together with other savory and sweet steamed buns.
Pork, ginger, green shallots, garlic, onions, sugar, salt, honey, water, fermented soybeans, wheat, sunflower oil, sesame, egg & puff pastry.
- Group Class: 35 Euro per person (minimum of 2 up to 8 per group)
- Individual Class: 45 Euro per adult (children and dogs are free!)
- Group Class Subscription: 250 Euro per person (8 classes within 2 months, minimum of 2 up to 8 per group)
- Individual Class Subscription: 300 Euro per adult (8 classes within 2 months)
For your convenience, if you are based in Stockholm, we can prepare a lovely fresh organic fresh ingredient package to be delivered to your door before your online cooking lesson. (*with additional fee)
Software & Hardware:
- A laptop or smartphone with a working camera, microphone & speakers.
- Whatsapp, Zoom, or Google Meet for groups.
- Whatever platform you prefer for individual sessions.
With each person signed up, 5 euros will be donated to https://allakvinnorshus.org/.
Alla Kvinnors Hus offers temporary sheltered housing for people who have been subject to violence in close relationships and family-related violence.
Payment & Confirmation:
Bookings are confirmed on payment to paypal.me/secretchilliclub